June 2014

June 2014

Friday, February 1, 2013

Sketches With Color Guest Designer!!!!!

Soooooo... I wanted to let you guys know that I am February's Guest Designer over at Sketches With Color.    It's a wonderful site where you can go to get creative inspiration and enter challenges.  They provide you a sketch and color combo, all you have to do is put it together!!!!

Here is this month's sketch and color combo:



I decided to scrap a photo of my husband and I on a recent trip to West Palm Beach.  My aunt and uncle live over there and we try to visit them as much as possible.  It's so calm and relaxing, and always a nice getaway!!!

Here is my take on the sketch... I used the sketch literally, not changing anything, but only adding other elements.  

I used various papers from MME, DCWV, Anna Griffin, and K&Company.  As most of you know, I don't make much of anything without some form of metal on it (guess you could say that's part of my "style"!!) and this metal title is by Momenta.  They have so many lovely pieces.  I also dyed my doilies with Tim Holtz Distress Stains and inks to achieve my desired color.  The two hearts at the top were punched from coordinating paper, inked, and then lightly coated with glossy mod podge. I also used various embellies by K& Company, Recollections, and flower by Petaloo.  


Also, there's a February Challenge over at Sketches4All... you should come by and check it out for details!!!! I will post some of my wonderful love-day projects in just a few days!!!!!

As usual gang, thanks sooooo much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment