June 2014

June 2014

Monday, July 28, 2014

New Sketch Challenge at Let's Get Sketchy with 7 Dots Studio Illumination!!!

Well hello there everyone!!!  Hope you're having a fabulous start to your week so far :-)

"Freedom to be Beautiful" with 7 Dots Studio "Illumination"
It's time for another wonderful sketch over at Let's Get Sketchy!
Here's a look:


I have always been a HUGE fan of Tabitha's sketches!!!  I don't know why but they really get my creativity flowing!!!
Any who, here's a look at my page:


Isn't my daughter so lovely?!?  And soooo photogenic!
I purchased this 7 Dots Studio "Illumination" Collection months ago from the Frosted Designs Store and have had very little time to actually play with it!  I was excited to break it out and put it to use!
I started by choosing my papers, then putting them down with adhesive and outlining them with gesso (I actually "stole" this technique from Hera Sugitani, the Guest Designer over at Scrap Around the World this month!  You can check out her page here).  After seeing her tutorial, I knew I had to give this a try!  Being relatively "new" to this hobby, I like to try new (and old but new to me) things ALL the time!!!!!!!  I also used some white mist by Dylusions to create splatter on my background, then added liquid pearls in several colors for accents!



I grabbed some Tim Holtz rub-ons from the "Enchanted" kit at Frosted Designs and added them all around my page!  I probably could have used an entire sheet... I just got carried away!!!!!  For my title, I used some sticker letters and chipboard from Creative Embellishments that was treated with a coat of gesso and a blue gelato.


I finished the page with some flowers by Prima and Petaloo, along with gesso-coated die-cuts!



Well gang...  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)

 photo 84c064ac-ab01-4e94-bb12-3b3893d8f8eb_zpsabe08004.png

4 comments:

  1. Brandi, your right your daughter is lovely! Beautiful layout and I love all the new techniques you did! I hope someday to try them myself!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL page! Love the colors and that darling photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful page.the pic is soo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great layout Brandi! Such a pretty photo! Love the beautiful blossoms! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete