June 2014

June 2014

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Another Homespun Layout for Let's Get Sketchy!

Well hello again everyone!!!  It's been a very busy month with school back in session!!!  So I just have a quick post today :-)

Here's a look at this week's sketch over at Let's Get Sketchy:


I pulled out the Simple Stories "Homespun" Collection earlier this month and have just been playing with it ever since!!
Here's my page:


I'm such a fan of the colors and patterns in the Simple Stories lines...  They're just amazing!!!
I used the colored wood background paper and tried to keep it pretty simple from there!  They beautiful piece already has enough to look at without adding too much!  I layered a couple of other pieces, following the sketch and inking the edges along the way!  I finished the page with a wooden veneer from Michaels that was misted and coated with crackle paint in Rock Candy!




I added a doily from my stash and one of the overlays in the collection.  I did some fussy cutting of other pieces as well to finish the layout!


Well gang...  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)

 photo 84c064ac-ab01-4e94-bb12-3b3893d8f8eb_zpsabe08004.png

1 comment: