June 2014

June 2014

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

**Thrilled** to be Guest Designer at Scrap Around the World!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello friends!!!  I am here today with some very exciting news....  I was asked to be Guest Designer over at Scrap Around the World this month!!!!!!  Can you believe it?!?  I am still in disbelief!  Hahahaha!!!!

"Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful" with Authentique "Flourish" Collection
I was asked to create something fabulous (of course!) using the following moodboard:


Like all of their moodboards, this is absolutely amazing!!!  I love the colors, the pop of gold,  the stems/posts in the shoes, and well, everything!

So without further ado, here is my page:


This is an older picture of my daughter taken a few years back.  She was so perfectly posed for the pictures!!!  
To start my page, I grabbed a pice of white Bazzil cardstock and started to "build my page".  I used various gelatos, stencils with molding paste, mists, sprays, stamps, etc.  I wanted to mimic the stems/posts in the shoes shown in the inspiration photo, so I tried (my hardest) to make semi-straight lines across the page with my gelatos.  I used a bit of water to get them to blend a bit better. After everything dried, I went to work embellishing!  I added strips of paper (also to mimic the "lines") across the page, simply tearing them as I went along.


I used a gold and pink gelato to color my chipboard pieces from 2 Crafty Chipboard (Thank you SATW and 2 Crafty for my fabulous prize!!!).  I also added some liquid pearls around them for accents!  I used various flowers from my stash to add detail around my photograph.  The resin pieces are from this month's kit over at Frosted Designs and went beautifully with this page!



I finished the page with a title chipboard piece which was coated with gesso, then colored with the pink and gold gelatos, and misted with Lindy's starburst sprays!


Well gang... Thanks soooo much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)

 photo 84c064ac-ab01-4e94-bb12-3b3893d8f8eb_zpsabe08004.png

No comments:

Post a Comment