June 2014

June 2014

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Altered Witch Hat with Creative Embellishments Chipboard!

Hello everyone!!! I am so excited to announce that I am up on the Creative Embellishments Blog today with my first "solo" post!!! I've made a fabulous Halloween themed project to share :-)

Here's another look at this month's inspiration photo:

And here is my off-the-page project:


 
I am in love with this month's inspiration photo as Halloween is my favorite holidays to decorate for! I was, of course, inspired by the jack-o-lanterns, bats, and overall "spooky" set up in the background! I pulled some colors from the pic to create this altered witch's hat! 
I first cut a rose from the "Giant Flowers" cart on my Cricut Explore. I distressed the flower (which started as regular pattern paper that was misted, inked, sprayed, and attacked with a ton of glitter!!!!) and edges of all the papers, as well as the chippies!


I used several 1 1/2 gears and inked them, misted them, then coated them with crackle distress paint in rock candy.





I applied the same treatment to the Flourish 15, using orange and black based distress inks and rock candy distress paint.



There you have it!  My first Halloween project of the year!!!!





Well gang... Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)

2 comments:

  1. This witch hat is soo super cool! Love the stamp work, chippie alterations and amazing flower. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Weeee Beautiful Spooky FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete