June 2014

June 2014

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Designing with Creative Embellishments for Scrap Around the World!!!!!

Hey there folks!!!!  I have some very exciting news today:  Creative Embellishments is guest designing over at Scrap Around the World this month!!!!  Isn't that fabulous?!?!?!?!  

Here is this month's amazing mood board over at SATW:


I LOVE the colors and the overall theme of the board. I used several aspects to create the following page of my oldest daughter:


As you can see, I clearly was inspired by some of the colors (greens, browns, and whites!).  The bottom three pictures give me an overall "explore" feeling so I included that as my title, using the pattern of colors from the boat to color my actual title piece!  I used lots of flowers, drawing inspiration from the first photo, and a "wood" background from the bridge in the middle bottom row!

I used several CE goodies on my page, altering them in different ways!
I started by creating a background using black distress inks and the Binary , Distressed Burlap, and Distressed Checkered   Stamps from the store.

I drew some squares with water color pencils, adding small amounts of water to soften them out, then added a number of nesting Squares around the page, coloring them with different distress markers!

Using a stencil and molding paste, I added some texture to my page, stamping over top for more depth :-)

I used the Explore title from the Adventure Word Set, coloring it with distress markers, then adding a coat of crackle paint in rock candy for some texture!

I finished the page with a big heap of various flowers to throw in some color and girly-ness!!!!!


Well gang...  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment